ABR offers products and services under two main categories. To order mice from sale strains or researcher colonies already held at the ABR facility please see the Order Mice section. To order mice to be transferred from another researcher, imported or exported from within Australia or overseas, or to request services such as cryopreservation, genome editing, or rederivation please see the Order Services section
|Order Mice||Order Services|
Orders of sale strain and researcher colony mice can be placed directly via our StuartWeb Animal Orders interface.
For instructions on how to use the interface please see Order Mice.
From 1 June 2016 all orders for ABR sale strain mice must be placed using the StuartWeb Animal Orders interface. This interface will give each animal order an ABR order number and will allow you to track the progress of your order. If you do not already have access to StuartWEB, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Orders will not be filled until all relevant information is provided.
All mice are transported in specially designed transport shippers with filtered ventilation panels to ensure the SPF quality of animals is maintained. ABR has a dedicated delivery van used for local deliveries (Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong). The van is fully air-conditioned and fitted out with enclosed shelving to ensure transport stress is minimised.
Stock is generally only held to 8 weeks of age. If you require older mice a longer lead time is required.
Time Mated Animals
Mating is confirmed by the presence of a copulatory plug. The day that the copulatory plug is observed is considered day 0 of pregnancy. While the copulatory plug is evidence of mating it does not guarantee that a viable pregnancy has resulted.
For additional confirmation of pregnancy prior to day 14, mice can be weighed before mating and before delivery. Additional charges apply. ABR will not guarantee the pregnancy of time mated mice.
- Delivery of pregnant mice after day 16 of pregnancy is not recommended.
- Weighing occurs prior to delivery
- An additional surcharge will be levied if mice are required to meet weight standards prior to delivery
Please check that your order is correct on receipt and notify ABR of any problems within 24 hours of delivery. The replacement of stock or a credit will be negotiated. No responsibility will be accepted if the notification of problems is not received in a timely fashion.
Cancellation of Orders
- Standard orders – require a minimum of 72 hours notice or the full cost of animals will be invoiced
- Time mating orders – must be cancelled prior to the mating or the full cost of animals will be invoiced
- Standing orders – require a minimum of 30 days notice or the full cost of animals to be supplied during that 30 days will be invoiced
- Special Orders (tail tattooed, weighed mice, weaners, time-mated, pregnant females, aged stock) cannot be placed after the Van Deadlines for delivery (for Partner Institutes using the ABR delivery van). These orders require additional preparation and need a longer lead-time.
- Courier delivery orders require at least TWO days notice prior to the desired delivery date.