ABR offers products and services under two main categories - Animal Orders and Services. All ordering is done using our online platform StuartWeb.
If you don't already have an account or StuartWEB Access please see Set Up Account or StuartWEB Access.
Mice can be ordered from our Sale Strain Colonies or issued from Researcher Colonies. Quick guides for ordering mice using StuartWeb are provided below.
Please note that you must have the relevant AEC, IBC, and/or MTA approvals BEFORE placing orders.
Instructions for Research Colonies
StuartWeb also has a section for managing research colonies called Lines. The Lines section is used to input information regarding how colonies are managed in terms of phenotype, breeding, genotyping, and culling. It separates out the on-going instructions for each line making these easier to find for ABR staff. This frees up the communications platform to be used for specific instructions about individual mice.
Please find a quick guide to Line Instructions below.
All mice are transported in specially designed transport shippers with filtered ventilation panels to ensure the SPF quality of animals is maintained. ABR has a dedicated delivery van used for local deliveries (Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong). The van is fully air-conditioned and fitted out with enclosed shelving to ensure transport stress is minimised.
Stock is generally only held to 8 weeks of age. If you require older mice a longer lead time is required.
Time Mated Animals
Mating is confirmed by the presence of a copulatory plug. The day that the copulatory plug is observed is considered day 0 of pregnancy. While the copulatory plug is evidence of mating it does not guarantee that a viable pregnancy has resulted.
For additional confirmation of pregnancy prior to day 14, mice can be weighed before mating and before delivery. Additional charges apply. ABR will not guarantee the pregnancy of time mated mice.
- Delivery of pregnant mice after day 16 of pregnancy is not recommended.
- Weighing occurs prior to delivery
- An additional surcharge will be levied if mice are required to meet weight standards prior to delivery
Please check that your order is correct on receipt and notify ABR of any problems within 24 hours of delivery. The replacement of stock or a credit will be negotiated. No responsibility will be accepted if the notification of problems is not received in a timely fashion.
Cancellation of Orders
- Standard orders – require a minimum of 72 hours notice or the full cost of animals will be invoiced
- Time mating orders – must be cancelled prior to the mating or the full cost of animals will be invoiced
- Standing orders – require a minimum of 30 days notice or the full cost of animals to be supplied during that 30 days will be invoiced
- Special Orders (tail tattooed, weighed mice, weaners, time-mated, pregnant females, aged stock) cannot be placed after the Van Deadlines for delivery (for Partner Institutes using the ABR delivery van). These orders require additional preparation and need a longer lead-time.
- Courier delivery orders require at least TWO days notice prior to the desired delivery date.
ABR is pleased to introduce online ordering for Services via StuartWeb. Anyone wishing to order services or track the progress of their service orders will require a StuartWeb Account. Please see Set Up Account or Stuart Web Access to download a StuartWeb access form.
Please find a quick guide to ordering services on StuartWeb below.
For additional assistance please contact ABR on (02) 9295 8565 or at email@example.com