Australian BioResources (ABR) provides a range of services to assist in the breeding and management of laboratory mice
ABR services support researchers in generating or sourcing new mouse lines, and in the efficient management of existing mouse colonies.
- The MEGA service (Mouse Engineering Garvan / ABR) can generate new genetically engineered mice quickly and at a reasonable cost using the latest CRISPR / Cas9 technology. This technology can produce single nucleotide mutations, insertions or constitutive knockouts.
- The ABR import and quarantine service can source live mice or frozen embryos or sperm from international (embryos only) and national facilities, and is able to perform post arrival quarantine in an Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) Quarantine Approved Premise. There are no waiting lists for rederivation, which is performed efficiently using embryo transfers.
- Early tissue collection using identification by tail tattooing, combined with integrated mouse genotyping services, can provide genotype results as early as 4 weeks of age, saving time and money.
- Sperm or embryos can be frozen when colonies are no longer needed, minimising animal wastage.
- Skilled ABR technicians can provide support for phenotype monitoring or pre-conditioning of animals for approved research protocols.
- Surgically modified mouse models are available on request.
For further information about any of these services contact email@example.com