Maintaining Research Colonies
Staff are highly trained in the care of these mice and can offer:
- Advice on breeding programmes
- Weekly husbandry and monitoring
- Tissue collection for genotyping
- Identification using tail tattooing (@2 wks) or ear marking (@3 wks)
- Breeding of mouse strains under instructions from clients
- Special services such as time mating, weighing, specific monitoring for phenotype
Tired of receiving out-of-date stock sheets? Try the Stuart advantage
For strains bred at ABR, researchers are given access to real time information about their colonies via a web interface to our animal management software called StuartWEB. This makes planning more reliable and minimises wastage.
Ordering is done directly through the StuartWEB interface.
Please see the following documents for further information about managing research colonies and StuartWEB.